Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Tallest Man on Earth

Covers are always a double-edged sword on a mix. This one sits firmly on the fence between 'fantastic' and 'too much' but the video is nice and i can't find a video of my favorite cover by this guy (Dylan's I Want You) so this one is the song we end up with. You might turn the volume down a tad, his voice is loud.

Tallest man on earth - These Days (Nico Cover) - A Take Away Show from La Blogotheque on Vimeo.



There's a quality to this guy's voice that really kind of gets up in your face, which is why I really like songs that have a conversational point of view. I've thrown in a song by him toward the end of two mixes lately, as a sort of big lead up to the final track. Note that even though I have talked about covers here, his original stuff is pretty solid as well. Here's a good one called "you're going back" -

No comments:

Post a Comment